Your new opportunity
Our Quantity Surveying team is growing, and we are looking for a candidate to grow with our business. We encourage leadership at all levels and will support you to make a lasting impact on the projects in which you are involved. Our ideal candidate is an individual who wants the challenge of a diverse role, and who can adapt to new situations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of professional quantity surveying services. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different client-side projects on behalf of private and public sector clients, within both the building and infrastructure sectors.
- Preparing cost estimates from first principles (for both new and refurbishment works)
- Preparation of Bills of Quantity / Schedule of Prices, and other associated tender documentation
- Undertaking tender reviews
- Delivering contract administration services, including undertaking payment assessments, variation assessments, and the preparation of claims
- Providing sound and accurate financial reporting
- Settlement of final accounts, including the successful negotiation and agreement of claims
- Supporting the business in wining repeat work through the professional delivery of our services
- Developing strong stakeholder relationships.
What you will bring to the team:
- A minimum of 5 years quantity surveying experience gained from working within the New Zealand construction market
- Experience working for a professional consultancy
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to the provision of quantity surveying services within the New Zealand market
- Strong knowledge of the NZS3910 and NZS3916 conditions of contract
- Experience with cost estimating software, i.e. CostX and/or Cubit Estimating
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- A high level of professional integrity
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or other associated discipline
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NZIQS).
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are an inclusive workplace and we embrace our staff for who they are - we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the community. We welcome your unique contributions and we empower you to offer your perspective and know that it will be valued. We welcome you to be you, with us!