Simon regularly provides advice to a wide range of clients including government bodies such as Ministry of Education and Kainga Ora, Bodies Corporate, insurance companies, schools and commercial, industrial and residential property owners. His advice is often related to defects, repairs and maintenance requirements, or is used to assist in lease negotiations or in a dispute resolution process.
Simon also provides project management services and undertakes work as a New Zealand Licensed Asbestos Assessor, regularly completing Asbestos Management Surveys, demolition surveys and asbestos removal observations.
Simon’s previous New Zealand employment experience includes working for a large New Zealand Building Consent Authority/Council in the Building Control Department where he gained a sound understanding of the New Zealand Building Act, Building Code and Council processes and procedures, as well as knowledge of local building materials and techniques through the processing and issuing of Building Consents.
As the Wellington team manager, Simon has a philosophy of leading by example, with a strong focus on client care.
Simon is a professional member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and a Member of the New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors (NZIBS).
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Registered Member of the New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors (NZIBS)
- Licensed Asbestos Assessor
- P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings (BOHS)
- P402 – Building Surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos (BOHS)
- Weathertight Homes Resolutions Service (WHRS) Assessor.