Senior Architectural Technician
Who are we?
Maynard Marks is a New Zealand owned and operated award-winning, specialist Building Consultancy that is recognised as a leader in its fields of work. As a technical professional services consultancy, we have been assisting our clients for over twelve years and have offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Our team of experts includes Architects, Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Asbestos Assessors, Project Managers and Structural Engineers. Our industry leading experts provide technical advice on building and property matters to every sector of business across New Zealand.
Due to our consultancy’s continued growth we now have an exciting opportunity in our NZIA practice for an experienced Senior Architectural Technician to join our dynamic design and detail-focused architectural team.
Your new opportunity
We are seeking an ambitious, talented, and experienced senior technician. You will be responsible for producing highly resolved detailed design documentation including the resolution of complex construction details, liaising with contractors, consultants and suppliers, and ensuring our high standards and efficient production of architectural documentation is maintained. The role will involve working with a lead designer and mentoring junior members of the team. You will be involved in all stages of a project including on-site attendance.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 10+ years relevant experience in the New Zealand market.
- A proven track record on multiple projects.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of NZ construction, relevant legislation, and codes of practice.
- Project experience of multi-unit residential buildings above 10m in height.
- An in depth understanding of quality assurance processes, risk analysis and mitigation strategies.
- Expert level knowledge of ArchiCAD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a clear focus on client needs, working with integrity and delivering quality on every project.
What can we offer you?
A competitive remuneration package, a clear career progression path, numerous training and professional development opportunities, plus the chance to work for an award-winning consultancy with an excellent market reputation. The successful candidate would be joining a diverse and supportive working environment with an active social event calendar and multiple opportunities to engage in company wide activities.
If you would like to apply for this exciting role, please submit your CV, portfolio and selected technical drawings (no greater than 5MB) to: HR@maynardmarks.co.nz.